Feeling Overwhelmed? Launching your website and running a small business can be overwhelming.
You’re not alone. We all get this feeling. It’s an epidemic. All the projects, phone calls, tasks, and emails lead to tons of stress.
What can you do when you start feeling overwhelmed?
Here are tips for regaining your peace of mind after feeling overwhelmed:
1. Stop blaming yourself for not being able to do more or for not knowing what to do.
2. Take a quick break. Rest your mind. Breathe. Use visualization exercises to relax physically and mentally.
3. Take a walk outside. This will give you time to think, and the exercise is a great stress reliever.
4. Look at the situation from another perspective. Can you change the way you are looking at it? Perhaps you can narrow your focus.
Here are 8 actions to take to avoid feeling overwhelmed:
1. Consider cutting back on your activities. This may be difficult because you probably feel that cutting back on their workload or taking a break is not an option. So, you force yourself to get everything done by working harder and longer. How’s this working for you? Try this:
- Make a list of all the things you are doing, both personal and business.
- Choose 3 “must do” tasks to accomplish today. Which ones are the most essential and will benefit you long-term. Prioritize and focus on the 20% that will yield 80% of results you desire.
- Decide which ones can be eliminated or delegated.
2. You’ll need to outsource or delegate activities, and you don’t have to spend a lot of money to do so. Check out this post, “Outsourcing, How To Have More Fun In Your Business.”
3. Try to simplify your daily activities.
4. Don’t buy into misinformation about websites or business, like:
- You must be an expert – not true!
- Your writing skills must be perfect – not true!
- You need to be good at technical stuff – not true!
Thinking these are true will lead you to spending time and effort trying to be good at everything. That can cause stress and panic.
5. Be willing to say “no”. Our tendency to agree to commitments that we really can’t handle leads to us feeling overwhelmed, exhausted and stressed out.
6. Renegotiate commitments by admitting that you can not handle everything that is on your plate. You may be able to set a new date to give yourself more time.
7. Plan your work day. Include blocks of time for getting specific types of tasks done, like marketing, email, and exercise. Then stick to this schedule.
8. Take some time to relax and recuperate. This is optional but can work wonders for giving you a new perspective on what is really important.
In short, try to reduce, simplify and unload to stop feeling overwhelmed.
Many things can hold you back when you decide to do something new, like launching a website or starting your own business. Just remember that everything does not have to be perfect. Just move forward. Take one step every day to reach your goals.
Did you find these tips helpful? What works for you when you are feeling overwhelmed?
Every Friday, this blog will feature a post by Freedom Freeda about mindset and motivational topics. Online home based business marketing success is not only about learning internet marketing tips and tricks, it is also about maintaining the right mindset to achieve your goals.
Visit again soon for more tips on Feeling Overwhelmed!
If you found this post about Feeling Overwhelmed valuable, please tell a friend. I love reading comments, and I answer every question personally.
To Our Online Home Business Marketing Success,
“Inspiring Dreams, Empowering People, Transforming Lives”
“Finally – a Simple, Computer-Based Training System that teaches you the power of “Affirmation and Visualization”…100% Guaranteed Just 10 Minutes a day! Click Here!
© 2012 All rights reserved. Online Home Business Marketing – Mindset and Motivation – Feeling Overwhelmed