I’ve never actually done it, but I thought I should research guest blogging because of all its potential benefits. I’ll share what I learned in this post.
To guest blog, you agree to write a post for another blog with the hope of getting everything mentioned in the first sentence of this post, plus building relationships and gaining credibility. In essence, you give away content to get links, traffic and exposure. It is also a great way to network with other bloggers.
It’s a win-win situation because the blog owners get great content, while you get all the above benefits.
If you are considering guest blogging, here are some tips to make your efforts effective:
1. Guest blogging on big blogs is the best strategy if you want subscribers, exposure, brand awareness and credibility. However, if you want to build backlinks, smaller blogs are a better target. For detail about this, check out this post, “The Ultimate Guide to Guest Blogging” by Bamidele.
2. Find blogs relevant to your niche that you may want to write for. You can search:
3. Research the blog you want to guest blog on. Review the last several posts to get a feel for the writing style and topics that get the most results.
4. You can also submit your content to sites like GuestBlogIt.com. It is a community where bloggers submit their content and blog owners publish that content. This makes it easy to submit content to relevant, authority blogs.
5. Be prepared to respond to comments on your post on this blog. This shows readers that you care and want to help them.
Here are 4 steps to follow for guest blogging:
1. Find blogs you would like to write for.
2. Contact blog owners and let them know topics you would like to write about. Be friendly and concise in the email.
3. Once they get back to you with comments or suggestions, write the post and include link back to your site in the byline. Optimize the link with your keyword as anchor text. You must not have posted the article anywhere else. Provide great value to your readers.
4. Send article to owner for them to publish, if they like the post.
Avoid mistakes when guest blogging by:
1. Making a good impression – You don’t want to annoy blog owners by pestering them or pitching them low quality posts.
2. Being prepared to hustle – This tactic is not easy. Each campaign will require a lot of effort.
3. Starting small – You can scale up as you go.
4. Having a strategy – This will help you get the best results for your time and effort.
5. Writing for several sites – Writing for the same sites will not yield continuous results.
6. Making it easy for visitors to subscribe to your feed.
With the recent Google changes resulting in de-indexing several blog networks, related to the over-optimization penalty, it has become very important to diversity your link profile. Because guest blogging builds legitimate links, you may want to consider adding this tactic to your online marketing strategy.
Have you tried guest blogging?
Visit again soon for more Guest Blogging tips!
If you found this Guest Blogging post valuable, please tell a friend. I love reading comments, and I answer every question personally.
To Our Online Online Home Business Marketing Success,
“Inspiring Dreams, Empowering People, Transforming Lives”
The secret is automating the on-page, SEO process using this “ninja” plugin, SEOPressor.
This software handles the tedious tasks (grunt work) of analyzing keywords and calculating keyword density, making search engine optimization easy, risk-free and simple. It is exclusive to WordPress users.
© 2012 All rights reserved. Online Home Business Marketing – Guest Blogging