More Blog Traffic or Website Traffic
7 Tips For Getting More
Website Traffic or Blog Traffic!
At the risk of being obvious…
Do you want more blog traffic or website traffic?
Who doesn’t, right?
As you probably know, a lot of courses are being released constantly that offer training in getting more website traffic or blog traffic. Plus, when it comes to getting more blog traffic or website traffic, most people will tell you that search engine optimization (or SEO) and content creation via blogging are key to getting free blog traffic. So, everyone in internet marketing is talking about website or blog traffic because without traffic no online business can succeed.
More specifically, learning how to get targeted, blog traffic or website traffic is a skill set you want to master for home business marketing success.
Well, this post will have a little twist to most of what you’ve been reading. I’m going to use the following blog traffic tips myself and track my results. I will then share those results in a follow-up post.
One thing I know for sure is that you must be consistent to get more website traffic. You see, I took a break from the home business marketing arena for the past 9 months (due to personal issues), and my blog traffic has suffered dramatically. So, I’m going to put these tips to the test. Let’s see if these tips actually work.
Here are 7 tips for getting more blog traffic or website traffic:
1. Find keywords that are related to the content on your website or blog. You want to identify what keywords people would type when they are interested in buying the products or services you offer, so you can get targeted, blog traffic.
2. To decide which keywords you want to rank for, use the Google external keyword tool (http://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordTool). Be sure to select “exact” from the “match type” in the left-hand column. I just recently learned that you can actually select both the “broad” and “exact” check boxes to see simultaneous results for broad and exact. You want keywords that will yield good, blog traffic. You want global searches between 1,500 to 6,000.
3. Analyze the competition for your selected keyword phrase. You can do this using the results in the “competition” column on the Google Keyword Tool. You can also do this by typing the keywords into the Google search box. The number of results will give you an idea of the number of competitors for that term. Experts say the sweet spot should be less than 300,000 results.
4. Evaluate the competition for your keyword. Search for the term on Google. Note how many authority sites are on page 1. Those competitors will be difficult (if not near impossible) to kick off that page. Are there any YouTube videos on that page? Perhaps, you should create one. Video marketing is a very effective home business marketing strategy for getting blog traffic or website traffic. Be sure to optimize it for your keyword.
5. To rank in Google, you need lots of links to your pages whose link text contains keywords you want to rank for. This strategy will yield free blog traffic. Your content should have a keyword density (the ratio of keywords to total words) of about 1%.
I use SEOPressor to ensure that my content is optimized for the search engines. You can check it out here: Get More Blog Traffic.
6. Be sure to ping the URL of your new content on sites like: Pingler.com and Pingomatic.com.
7. Building backlinks to your website is a critical home business marketing strategy. It affects how much organic traffic (free traffic) your site gets by ranking highly on the search engines. When building links to rank in Google and get more blog traffic, don’t build links too fast. I’ll do a follow-up post on the different methods of building backlinks for more blog traffic or website traffic. Another effective method for generating targeted, blog traffic is article writing. I’ll use that technique and share my results.
Some strategies for building backlinks are from paid traffic sources. I’ll test some of these and let you know what worked.
The above tips are great for generating free blog traffic or website traffic. However, there are effective paid traffic sources, as well. I’ve used Facebook PPC (pay-per-click) in the past, and I recommend it if you have a marketing budget.
As I said at the beginning of this post, I will publish a follow-up blog to share my results in following these 7 tips. Wish me luck in regenerating traffic to my blog!
Need help learning what’s working now for getting more blog traffic?
Click here to discover a system that will take you from
beginner to pro in home business marketing
and teach you everything you need to know to get endless leads and blog traffic
for your online home based business starting today!
You can find out how you can start earning commissions as you learn home business marketing from the industry’s top income earners, click this link to learn more about the Empower Network.
To Our Home Business Marketing Success,
“Inspiring Dreams, Empowering People, Transforming Lives”
© 2010 – 2012 All rights reserved. Home Business Marketing – More Blog Traffic or Website Traffic