I was curious about this mobile application. So, I did some research and here’s what I found out.
This program simply lets users capture a photo, use any digital filter, and share it on various social networking websites, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter. It is much like other mobile apps, except it limits photos to a square shape, in contrast to the 4:3 aspect ration usually used by cameras on mobile devices. Initially, Instagram photos were only supported on the iPod, iPhone and iPad, but the company upgraded the program in April 2012 to support Android camera phones. Then they were distributed via Google Play and iTunes App Store.
Here are milestones reached by Instagram so far:
1. Instagram had over one million registered users in December 2010 and after just six months, in June 2011, they announced that they exceeded five million registered users.
2. They reached 10 million registered users in September 2011, and recently announced that they had reached 30 million accounts.
3. Over 100 million photos were uploaded to its network through July 2011 and reached 150 million just a month later.
4. The latest Android version was downloaded by approximately one million users within 12 hours of its launch.
With stats like this, Instagram was recently acquired by Facebook for over $1 billion (in cash and stocks) in April 2012. With this acquisition grabbing media headlines, millions more people have started using it in the last few weeks.
It’s easy to get started with Instagram photos
The interface is straightforward. Here are Instagram tips to help make the experience better:
1. You can “like” Instagram photos by simply double-tapping as you scroll the feed.
2. You can mention another user by either a) typing @ and their username in the caption or b)by tapping and holding the username and selecting “mention user” in the comment.
3. You can add keywords as hash tags to your Instagram photos by using # and then typing the keyword. This makes the hash tags “clickable” and take your followers to a page of other photos with the same keyword.
4. You may want to edit your Instagram photos using other apps first, like Diptic to create stacked photos or Photoshop to do basic editing. This will help you create striking photos.
5. You’ll want to master deleting unwanted comments. Simply go to the photo, tap on comments, and quickly swipe from right to left. You’ll see a delete option.
6. You can use the “teardrop” on the top bar to add emphasis to an object. Simply use that tool to select the area where you want to maintain a sharp focus. The surrounding area will be blurred.
7. You can use other apps to add trickier effects. For example, you can take a photo without using Instagram, and then open the photo in an app like Filter Mania that will add free filters like a splash of water or frost. After you apply the filter you can send the photo to Instagram.
Additionally, anyone registering through the instagram.com website must agree to Instagrams terms which include:
1. Users can not post nude or sexually evocative photos.
2. Users should not threaten, harass, abuse, intimidate or impersonate other users.
3. Users must be at least 13 years of age.
4. Instagram does not claim ownership to any content that you post.
Instagram photos are very popular. Instagram is free mobile app, and many say its popularity is due to convenience, ease of use, and speed of service.
Check Instagram photos out for yourself and let us know what you think.
Visit again soon for more tips on Social Media and Instagram Photos!
If you found this Instagram Photos post valuable, please tell a friend. I love reading comments, and I answer every question personally.
To Our Online Home Business Marketing Success,
“Inspiring Dreams, Empowering People, Transforming Lives”
Creating a large following on Twitter is essential to being successful in using it to build targeted blog traffic. However, the process of following people and following them back can be very labor-intensive with a large following. There is a tool that can be used to get free, targeted blog traffic and automate the process that offers “everything you need to automatically grow your network and profit on autopilot.” The tool is called TweetAdder.
© 2012 All rights reserved. Online Home Business Marketing – Social Media Marketing – Instagram Photos