Reducing stress can make your life more enjoyable.
Would you like to live a happier life by reducing stress?
Unfortunately, even though the thought of eliminating stress is a nice one, that’s not possible. It is unrealistic for us to function without stress because some amount of stress is useful. On the flip side, too much stress can lead to problems. This article gives useful tips for managing and reducing stress in your life.
Building an online home business can be very stressful. It can really add a lot of stress to your life.
First, let’s discuss what stress is. Stress is your body’s response to what is going on around you. Your body reacts by releasing chemicals into your bloodstream. These chemicals can give you more strength and energy, which is a good thing if you are in some physical danger. However, it can be a bad thing if you are responding to something emotional and there is no outlet for that energy.
Second, as I just mentioned stress can be caused by physical danger or things in your environment. However, another cause of stress is worrying about things we can’t do anything about. Then there is fatigue and overwork, which many of us are experiencing in this economy. This type of stress just keeps building up over time. This can take a hard toll on you physically. This may be one of the most difficult types of stress to avoid, but it can be managed.
Here are 10 tips for reducing stress
1. Try aromatherapy – The scents of certain essential oils like eucalyptus, chamomile, peppermint and thyme can have a tremendous calming effect and melt the stress away. When you begin feeling stressed out, take time to “smell the roses” and inhale any of these scents.
2. Avoid alcohol – Alcohol is never good for reducing stress. It is a depressant. Light social drinking isn’t a problem, but drinking alcohol in response to the tensions of your daily life is not a good idea.
3. Listen to music – Some people find that listening to classical music at bedtime is an effective means of reducing stress.
4. Start your day with a plan – Carefully planning your itinerary and following it daily can help in reducing stress. It can be very stressful to simply “wing it” and not be prepared for what lies ahead.
5. Take a relaxing bath – Scented bubbles and candle-light can melt away the stress. Combine this with soothing music and an interesting book, and this effective means of reducing stress may prove to be your favorite. This method eliminates stress by allowing your body and brain to rest.
6. Make time for yourself – This will allow you to prevent daily stresses from mounting and let you unwind.
7. Take some deep breaths – Regular, focused breathing has been proven effective in reducing stress and anxiety levels. So, stop and take some deep breaths when you feel the stress building up.
8. Think happy thoughts – Visualization can calm your mind. Make these thoughts “real” for you mentally. If you do this on a daily basis, you will get better at it, and it can become a good way of dealing with stressful situations. You can shut your eyes and imagine yourself in a beautiful landscape feeling totally relaxed.
9. Get a massage – Stress can show up as tension and knots in your muscles. A professional massage can help in reducing stress that has accumulated in your body. It can work out the knots and distract your mind. This most certainly will leave you feeling more relaxed.
10. Pet your pet – Taking time to interact with your pet can give a much-needed, and healthy, break to your day.
It can be difficult to apply stress management techniques. Try some of the tips above and see if you can incorporate any of them into your daily routine. Every “body” is a little different. It’s important to find the solution for reducing stress that works best for you.
Want to try another method for reducing stress?
(A side note about this reducing stress post: Every Friday, this blog will feature a post by “Freedom Freeda” about mindset and motivational topics. You see, online home business marketing success is not only about learning the internet marketing skill set, it is also about maintaining the right mindset to achieve our goals.)
This audio system can help you manage and reduce stress.
Check it out here: Mind Shift.
Visit again soon for more Reducing Stress tips!
If you found this social media news post valuable, please tell a friend. I love reading comments, and I answer every question personally.
To Our Online Home Business Marketing Success,
“Inspiring Dreams, Empowering People, Transforming Lives”
© 2012 All rights reserved. Online Home Business Marketing – Reducing Stress