Social media ROI is a company’s return on investment on it’s social media marketing efforts.
Properly utilizing the info gathered from social media reporting can greatly improve a company’s social media ROI. Most companies need to use social networking in some way.
Social media reports help businesses
to optimize their social media ROI.
There are many different social media reports available. The ones that are most useful for your business depend on a few key factors.
As a visitor spends time on the web site, a company can track a visitor’s activity using social media reports. These reports may include information about how the customer entered the website, the pages viewed. Also, a company is able to track the actual movement of the visitor’s activity from a click in a particular ad to the precise page the potential client visits last. If a pattern develops from visitors leaving from same page, the company may choose to review the content on that page.
Some other patterns to look for include:
1. If visitors are consistently entering the website from a blog or perhaps a specific advertising page, a company may want to consider stepping up the presence of their brand in those areas.
2. If a company realizes 7 out of ten consumers add a sale item to their shopping cart (for example), but they do not buy the product. Perhaps the checkout procedure is too complicated.
This is actionable data that reports can yield. The possibilities for improving social media ROI through reporting is endless.
Social media reports help monitor Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts. This includes topics of interest, keyword phrases, and demographics. Consumers leave hints about their preferences all throughout the internet. Companies simply have to interpret the data. Numerous companies will need assistance in deciphering social media information. And consequently it is highly suggested, to all businesses not currently utilizing social media reporting, to begin to do so right away to help understand the customer’s needs and desires.
You want to measure your social media marketing so you can know what’s working, what isn’t, and how your campaigns can be improved.
Here are 6 steps to take in
measuring your social media ROI:
1. Decide on specific goals. Are you using social media to respond to customer questions, broadcast news, or engage your community?
2. Determine what you want your audience to do with the content. Do you want them to read, click, share, reply, engage or make a purchase?
3. Match your goals to the metrics you want to measure. For example, if your goal is to drive traffic to your site, you want to track clicks and conversions.
4. Find the right tools to capture the metrics and start measuring. One useful resource is SocDir.com. It provides a list of tools to track social media metrics.
5. Monitor your results. Evaluate how your results compare to what you expected and to your competitors.
6. Make adjustments and repeat the process. Determine how you can improve and make the necessary changes.
It is important for you to be aware of how your social content impacts your business goals. Reliable analytics can help track your progress.
The above tips can improve your business’ social media ROI.
Visit again soon for more Social Media ROI tips!
If you found this Social Media ROI post valuable, please tell a friend. I love reading comments, and I answer every question personally.
To Our Online Business Marketing Success,
“Inspiring Dreams, Empowering People, Transforming Lives”
Creating a large following on Twitter is essential to being successful in using it to build targeted blog traffic. However, the process of following people and following them back can be very labor-intensive with a large following. There is a tool that can be used to get free, targeted blog traffic and automate the process that offers “everything you need to automatically grow your network and profit on autopilot.” The tool is called TweetAdder.
© 2012 All rights reserved. Online Home Business Marketing – Social Media ROI