Staying focused is something all entrepreneurs need to do to achieve their business and personal goals.
We live in a world of constant and various distractions. There are so many things competing for your time and attention – do social media, write articles, syndicate your posts, and personal commitments, to name just a few. So, staying focused on your goals requires constant vigilance. This post will explore techniques you can use for staying focused on your business goals based on my research and experience.
Here are tips you can use for staying focused:
1. Have well-defined, written goals and refer to them numerous times during the day. Remember, what you are trying to accomplish and why. What is your mission?
2. Break your goals down to “bite-sized,” manageable pieces.
3. Constantly prioritize your activities. Know what your priorities are. Don’t be afraid to say no. You can’t do everything. Be sure to finish what’s most important.
4. Plan your day. Have a list of your daily tasks. Know what’s most important to accomplish. Take steps every day to reaching your goal.
5. Eat your frog at the beginning of the day. The “frog” (according to Brian Tracy) is that difficult task that you must do, but don’t want to do. You may not enjoy doing it, or it takes a lot of effort or concentration to do correctly. Getting this task done early will give you a great sense of accomplishment for the rest of the day. (This works great for me!)
6. Pay attention to how you spend your time. Are you wasting time on unnecessary things? Eliminate unimportant activities.
7. Keep an organized work area. Sorting through clutter and mess can cost more time than it’s worth.
8. Track progress toward your goals. Getting started toward your goals is good, but you’ll need to sustain that commitment.
9. Reward yourself when you reach major milestones, and reflect on what you’ve done daily.
10. Remove distractions. Check email and social media at set times during the day.
11. Block out some quiet time for getting important tasks done.
12. Let friends and family know what you are trying to do. They can support you by reminding you when you start to stray or by encouraging you to accomplish your goals.
13. Visualize your goals as though you’ve already accomplished them.
When starting or running a small business (this applies to your online home based business, affiliate marketing, network marketing, and internet marketing entrepreneurs), you may be challenged in staying focused on the right opportunity. It is so easy to get distracted by “shiny objects”, especially on the internet. The ability to cut through the chaos and clearly stick to your goals and action plans is what focus is all about.
Always have a sense of urgency for getting things done.
Actually, most of these tips for staying focused can be used in your personal life, as well as your business life. Once you try these tips, you will notice changes. You should start feeling more energized and productive.
Do you have other tips for staying focused that have worked for you?
Visit again soon for more Staying Focused tips!
If you found this post valuable, please tell a friend. I love reading comments, and I answer every question personally.
To Our Online Online Home Business Marketing Success,
“Inspiring Dreams, Empowering People, Transforming Lives”
Learn How To Put Your Brain In Any Mood You Want, Any Time You Want, With Just 5 Minutes & A Pair Of Headphones…Grab This 12 Amazing Binaural Beats Audios, That Force You To Unlock The Power Of Your Brain Like Never Before…” “Experience More Motivation, Energy, Focus, Creativity & Much More…To learn more: Click Here!
© 2012 All rights reserved. Online Home Business Marketing – Staying Focused